RD4000, RD7000 and RD8000 Radiodetection Training Courses
This training course covers the use of RD4000, RD7000 and RD800 Radiodetection location tools to meet HSG47 Health and Safety Guidelines. Sygma Solutions also provide specialist RD4000 Training for Network Rail and London Underground Projects.
RD4000, RD7000 and RD8000 training courses include...
Reasons for using RD4000, RD7000 and RD8000 locators
- Explanation of the "safe system of work" ref: HSG47 "Avoiding Danger from Underground Services"
- Why use RD4000, RD7000 and RD8000 locators?
- Cable strike
- Explanation, purpose and interpretation of Utility Plans
- Marking up of Utility Plans, identifying marker posts, covers and any visible signs of utility routes
- Examples of Utility Plans
Application of the RD4000, RD7000 and RD8000 transmitter
Practical training using RD4000, RD7000 and RD8000 transmitter
- Use of all RD4000, RD7000 and RD8000 transmitter frequencies
- Use of Peak & Null, and Directional Compass
- Correct use of Depth Measurement
- Positively identifying services
- Use of Current Measurement & Current Direction
- Setting up and use of Bluetooth (iLoc)
Review questions & feedback
Training course learning objectives
- To understand Health & Safety responsibilities including HSG47
- To understand and apply all issues relating to Utility Plans
- Correct use of RD4000, RD7000 and RD8000 INC Depth & Peak/Null techniques
- Correct use of the iLoc Bluetooth
- Complete a practical demonstration of equipment