About Sygma Solutions Ltd
About Sygma Solutions Utility Location Training Courses
Sygma Solutions specialise in providing dedicated Cable Avoidance & Location Courses
At Sygma Solutions we are independent training providers, helping your staff to learn how to carry out underground cable and utility detection surveys using all the latest CAT and Genny Radiodetection locators and equipment. Our training courses can be carried out on and off site and are suitable for all levels of experience.
Utility Detection Training Courses Types
The following courses come in either full or half day format and include training on STATS Drawings:
- Radiodetection CAT & Genny
- C SCOPE CAT & Transmitter
- Kolectric Series Locators
- Radiodetection RD400 and RD4000
We also offer full day assessment courses, combining training with written and practical assessment.
All our cable and utility detection training courses include:
- Reasons for using locators – both safety and financial.
- Reading and understanding utility plans, using real examples.
- Theory – covering both the benefits of the system including limitations of the technology.
- Practical work – hands-on locating using receiver, transmitter and accessories.
- Feedback, questions/answers, application and techniques, general care and maintenance of the equipment.
Our utility detection training courses also cover:
- Simple ways to locate street lighting cables
- How to deal with the problem of multiple utilities
- Location of bends
- Location of junctions
- Identification of utilities
- Service connections
- Locating through concrete reinforcing
- Depth measurement (where applicable)
- Using Sondes for non metallic pipes
The training that Sygma Solutions provides is NOT basic “text book” training, it is advanced yet easy to digest and understand for operatives of all abilities. The training is done at your premises or site, and can be done out of normal working hours if required.
We can also offer bespoke courses tailored to a specific clients needs, focusing more on one particular application or problem.
Our cable location training courses are developed from:
- Cable locator manufacturing experience, meaning we know the equipment in great detail, how it works, why it works and limitations of equipment.
- Utility mapping experience, working in REAL on site conditions, problem solving and intricate utility networks, using the right application and equipment in the right situation.
- Backed up by repair and calibration through our partner company Swan Test & Calibration with 27 continuous years experience and approved to repair Radiodetection, C Scope & Kolectric equipment.